Friday 25 April 2014

South Sudan supermodel lets the world in on the crisis in Sudan

South Sudan’s supermodel, Nykhor Paul has launched a campaign to highlight violence that has engulfed South Sudan, asking people to set aside ethnic differences, and put down their weapons.

“I’m Nuer, but I’m not a tribe, I’m South Sudanese. I know the resilience of the tribes, but I believe that when the South Sudanese come together, our resilience and determination will be greater than what divides us. I’m stepping out with fellow models from South Sudan, representing various tribes, to show that on the world scale, the tribe you come from doesn’t matter. Hopefully this shows the unity and pride that we should have in ourselves; the peace that can be formed if we put down our weapons and ancient hostilities, we can move up and progress. We are not Nuer or Dinka, we are South Sudan, we are Nilotic (of the Nile).”- See more at: http://fabmagazineonline.com











Credit :fabmagazineonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment