Wednesday 30 April 2014

Mariah Carey For Billboard



She’s a staple in the music industry and Mariah Carey added another achievement to her credit by scoring the cover spot of Billboard's latest issue.

During her interview, the 44-year-old singer opened up to the mag about everything from releasing her new album to her staying power.


Check out highlights from Mariah’s interview below and for more, head over to Billboard!

On modeling Beyonce’s album release style for her new album:
“I have to be the one that announces this, especially the title. [It's a] personal possession of mine that’s part of an entity that I’ve had almost all my life.”

On her new studio album:
“You would think I would be all about the singles-driven situation, and I am in a way, but with this particular album I want my fans to hear it as a body of work. This is my life since we last left off. Just picture a dot dot dot, and then here’s the album.”

On retirement:
“If this were to be my last album, people would hear everything they needed to hear. I will always make music. When I said it could be my last, that’s because tomorrow’s not promised to anyone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment