Wednesday 26 March 2014

Chanel Iman covers the latest issue of Net-A-Porter’s “The Edit.”

Source:net-a-porter.com

Model Chanel Iman looks absolutely gorgeous on Net-A-Porter.com's digital magazine, "The Edit.” The 23-year-old supermodel posed for Paul Maffi in an array of fabulous dresses and skirts from Jason Wu, Thakoon, Proenza Schouler, Simone Rocha and Altuzarra.

Born in Atlanta to an African-American basketball coach father and a half African-American, half Korean flight attendant mother, Chanel Iman Robinson started modeling at the tender age of 13. By the age of 18, the strikingly beautiful chick became one of the youngest Victoria’s Secret models in the company’s history...and had already landed her firstVOGUE cover.

In the magazine, the “Yonce” video model (who is currently dating rapper A$AP Rocky) opened up about racism, growing up fast in the modeling industry and Beyonce’s girl power.(theybf.com)






Here are the highlights:
On racism:
“It’s an issue that my industry is still working on,” she says, a picture of LA cool in a tie-dye tank top and pajama-style pants, a tiny Chanel bag sitting like a coveted pooch on her lap. “I think that everyone should be equal; it shouldn’t be about color. It’s unfortunate that there is still a lot of politics involved in both the acting and modeling worlds. I do think we’ve come a long way, but things could still be a lot more diverse on the runway and in films.”

On having to grow up fast:
“I’ve had to grow up very fast, and although I know that if I hadn’t started so early I wouldn’t be where I am today, I often wish that I could have had those high-school years and experiences,” Iman says. “These days I always encourage young models to start no younger than 18.”

“There were times when I felt very lonely,” the model admits, “because I had to be a grown-up and live in New York by myself – but God blessed me with the opportunity to be a model and I took it. Still, it’s very easy to get caught up and lost and not feel loved in this business.”
 Photos: Paul Maffi/Net-A-Porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment